Friday, June 4, 2010

Thankful.

Purchasing a house is seriously the most nerve wracking thing I've ever been a part of. Is it going to be worth it? Yes. It will all be worth it on Monday. If you remember, we were supposed to close today. TODAY. We would be spending our first night in the house tonight. But alas, mortgage companies wait until the last minute to do things and they came up with a reason to say, "MMMM... waaaait a minute. We don't know if we really want to give you this loan." over a minor detail that they just completely missed the entire time at no fault of our own! So for about a 24 hour span between Thursday and today we had no idea if we would completely lose our house. The house we had built, the house we picked the colors for and had made completely to our taste- on the lot that we picked, by the pond.. that we heard "sooo many people" wanted. The thought of losing all of our hard work and time was devastating. To get THIS FAR, the day before closing- and have one person decide that they didn't think we deserved our house. Just, didn't seem possible. Fortunately, we had many people going to bat for us (including Nate's bosses) with letters and good words- and we wrote our own plea. And it worked. We close on Monday. We had to reschedule all of the deliveries and installations for later dates.. but at this point.. I don't care. I just feel so blessed to have my home. I haven't cried once in the last 24 hours- I haven't had something happen to me like that where I didn't cry in so long. I cry over every.little.thing. But I can't cry over things that sort of paralyze me. But it's over now. :) Monday can't come soon enough.

6 comments:

  1. What kind of crap were they trying to pull? I'm SO glad you got everything figured out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachie, I KNOW. It was absolutely just like a nightmare. :( I can't wait for Monday- I still feel like something could go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yikes that does not sound like fun! But it'll all be good in the end when you're in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got your loan after all! I would be so upset too! I'm excited for your move- good luck! I'm sure every ounce of pain and work will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buying a house really is the most stressful thing ever! IT will be worth it in the end though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine buying a house yet! But seriously I bet its soo scary, but so worth it! Will be nice when that day comes!

    Livy Love

    ReplyDelete