Monday, February 1, 2010

Whirl Wind!

Okay- so let's see if I can recap our first time out looking at houses! Honestly, my brain is a little fried because I've got about a million and one things going on right now- bridesmaid dresses, flowers, cake, invitations... etc. I'm really trying to jump on-board with all of the wedding planning details because I've kind of just been doodling through the past few months like, "Yeahhh.. that'll get done." and now I'm all in house buying mode so that's making it even worse. Let me just tell you - I am a scatterbrained person with like a two-second attention span - so this is all QUITE overwhelming for me. Doesn't a fish have a two-second attention span, also? ....SEE WHAT I MEAN? Okay, right! Back to house hunting!

Our Real Estate Agent picked us up at 1:30PM on Sunday and we seriously didn't get home until around 7:30PM. It was awesome, but beyond exhausting. We went in around nine houses, hitting the one I blogged about a few posts down near the end of the list. The others we looked in- some were just okay, some were absolutely perfect until I realized it sounded like there was a race track in the living room and looked out the back window to see the interstate staring me in the face. There were different things in different ones that were definite deal breakers- like my second favorite that I had picked to go in that we found out was in foreclosure, had a lot to be upgraded/redone/cleaned due to being in foreclosure, and after spending a few minutes in it I noticed a familiar smell of smoke (gross & no thanks!). That was really disheartening considering the outside of that house is absolutely gorgeous. See?


Anyway, back to the house that I blogged about recently! I was ecstatic to go into it and it was mostly everything I had hoped for! The listing raved about the whirl pool tub in the master bathroom and I have to say- that is a joke! LOL. They have redone A LOT of things in the house (it's 14 years old) but.. the master bath has obviously not been touched. We would need to rip out most everything in there and start over. The tub is incased in this horrible (old) white tile .. and the tub itself is really old and small (and gross) and just- no. The declared master bedroom (on the first floor) is actually smaller than one of the bedrooms upstairs that has a very recently redone bathroom so, that could always be the master but- it's just a regular ol' bathroom - except for the sky light! ;) The "loft" area upstairs would be where Nate would have his "man room", however, that might be kind of bad considering it's completely open to the downstairs and this would defeat the purpose of him being in a separate room to do his sports watching/yelling or whatever he wants to do. We would definitely be doing battle with the TVs and any sound! There would just be a lot of things to consider with that house- but I'd still put it on our list as of now!

After that we went out of town to look at a brand new house because there isn't a finished version of this house in our area and our agent thought we might really like the floor plan in this one. It's HUGE, very reasonably priced, and of course it's brand new. I liked it but I'd say most of the things that I LOVED about it were cosmetic details that happened to be in that one but might not be in the one that's currently going up in our area. Our agent isn't sure exactly if we could get in there and make sure (for example) that I had the dark wood floors in the kitchen that I loved so much in the one out of town. This particular one is also near the interstate but not backed up to it. It's not a deal breaker but it is a little noisy and I'm not insanely impressed with the backyard. So, I just don't know at this point. Nate loves it, and I just like it.. at this point.. but I've almost forgotten it already. I'm going to need to go back in the last two again. We'll be going in two more houses on Wednesday to check out the floor plans in THOSE and I have a feeling that I might fall in love with one of those! I just .. have a feeling. :)

This is the huge, new one:


This is the new one that we will go in Wednesday that I think I might LOVE:


I know these little gray pictures don't say a lot but at least it's something. ;) So our outting was very exciting and informative. We learned a lot and even though this is stressful, we're having fun! If we're going to pick one of the new houses we have to act pretty fast based on some incentives that are going on right now, so I'm hoping that I walk into one on Wednesday and love every detail. *fingers crossed*

1 comment:

  1. Happy House hunting!! It sounds so exciting. I can't wait til we're ready to buy a home!

    ReplyDelete